Brian has spent his lifetime dedicated to leadership and service to others. After graduating with a degree in Economics and Management from DePauw University, where he was also an Academic All-American and captain of the football team, Brian spent a year building homes for the less privileged through Habitat for Humanity AmeriCorps. After leaving Habitat, Brian continued his education at Capital University Law School, receiving a law degree (J.D) and master’s degree (LL.M) in taxation.
For the past ten years, Brian has practiced as a business and tax attorney helping family-owned, start-up and small businesses. Brian regularly negotiates complex business deals, finding ways to bring all sides together for a transaction. He is now a partner with the law firm Dinsmore & Shohl. Brian previously served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Judge Peggy Bryant on the Tenth District Court of Appeals.
Brian has also been an active member of our community serving on several local boards, supporting the Upper Arlington City Schools, and volunteering his time to serve others.
Brian and his wife Jorie live across the street from Northam Park. Their children Michael (8) and Marley (6) attend Tremont Elementary and son Billy (5) attends Burbank Early Childhood School. The Close’s are active parishioners at St. Agatha Church.
Brian Close Serving Our Community:
- Upper Arlington Rotary, Member
- Upper Arlington School Levy – Treasurer (2012-2016)
- City of Upper Arlington Board of Tax Appeals – Member, Alternative Member (2010-present)
- Grandview Heights Board of Tax Appeals – Member (2016-present)
- Columbus Bar Association, Business Tax Committee – Chair (2010-2011), Vice Chair (2009-2010)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus December Fundraiser – Host (2014-present)
- Leadership UA – Alumnus (2009)
- Upper Arlington Schools – Finance Advisor Group Member (2012-2015)
- St. Agatha Church – Parishioner